Pages

I don't care what people think, homeschoolers are smart!

Every Tuesday and Thursday mornings Joe comes down to DQ and cleans the ice cream machines for me.  And he usually talks my ear off the whole time.  This morning he said, "Without Googling it, can you name all of the 7 Dwarfs?" 
I got all 7 after a hint on the last one.  Which got me thinking, why are we quizzing each other on the Seven Dwarfs?  So, I asked can you name the 13 Canadian Provicences? 
He can now :-) 
So, we started into the 50 States, 43 Presidents, he can also quote most of the Gettysburg Address and the Preamble to the Constitution (which half-way through turned into the Declaration :)) But he knows most of it :-) And that's just the beginning, we could have gone on for hours!

And who says homeschoolers aren't smart!

3 comments:

Lady Dvora said...

Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Quebec, Ontario, the Northwest Territores, Alberta, the Yukon, Saskatchwan (sp?), British Columbia, Manitoba, and an N one that has all the Islands...I can't spell it without googling it :)

Robert said...

There are 10 provinces and 3 territories-Yukon,Northwest territories and Nunavut.

Kristi said...

What fun! I remember learning about a lot of that stuff, and probably memorized a lot of the Gettysburg address myself. However, 11 years after the fact, I find myself rather rusty on the details!