Pages

A prayer request

One of my best friends called me today... a mere 6 hours after we had said goodbye. They were having an Easter get-together at his parents house. Their little boy(Benjamin) who is almost 3 months old was taking a nap. She had checked on him about a half-hour ago, when she suddenly got a strong feeling that she needed to go check on Benjamin. She went right away. He wasn't breathing, his skin was pale and his lips were turning purple. She scooped him up and ran to the other room. One of her sisters-in-law who knows CPR went right to work. A brother-in-law called 911 and the rest of them went to praying. Thankfully he started breathing and they think that he is going to be alright. They took him in the ambulance to the hospital but they don't know why he stopped breathing. He had been suffering from a cold so it might have just been that but they aren't sure. The hospital wanted to kept him overnight and put him on a monitor to make sure that he is o.k. and possible figure out what caused it. Rachael was doing better when she got around to calling me about 3 hours after she found him, but she sounded like she had been pretty shook up. They were in the ER wanting for the doctor to come talk to them about the monitor. She was asking us to pray, for them, for Benjamin, and that everything would be alright.

It really struck me. How quickly his short life could have been over with. He's not 3 months old. A few minutes more and he would be in heaven. Or if they hadn't been at the farm with the sister who knew CPR.... Life is so precious, and to think what might have happened. God was so good to them today! I'm thinking it would be a good idea to actually learn CPR, not just slightly know it....

So, this is a praise report and a prayer request. Please keep them in prayer, the situation and that Benjamin would be o.k.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since becoming a mommy, hearing something like this really hits close to home. I thank God that He prompted Rachael to check on him, and that He didn't allow death to take him.

You could encourage Rachael to really stand upon the Word of God when she would remember all of this and fear would want to take hold. Before Joshua was born, the Lord put Psalm 121:5 on my heart, and I would pray it over my baby whenever something would happen in pregnancy that I wasn't familiar with (and that would have been about everything!!! First-time mommy and all...) The thing I clung to in that verse was: "The LORD is thy keeper..."

When Joshua stopped breathing a few minutes after he was born, I thank the Lord I wasn't really 'with it' and wasn't afraid at the time; I was really very calm. It was later that the magnitude of it struck me and fear tried to overwhelm me. (David, my mom and David's parents prayed for me and it helped tremendously.) The Scripture that came to mind after that was from Revelation 12, where the dragon was waiting to devour the man child as soon as he was born, but God wouldn't let him. God spared little Benjamin's life for His purpose, and no devil of fear must be allowed to come in and whisper lies and 'what if's'. She can ask the Lord to quicken a Scripture to her to combat the fear and remind her of God's promise.

I'll certainly pray!
-Kristi