Pages

I want to travel the world

Lately I've been missing Washington D.C. seeing everything new.  Learning so much about so many different aspects of life, history, science.  I want to go back.  But not just to D.C.  I want to go to Virginia and see Mount Vernon, Boston to see where the Declaration of Independence was signed.  To fly the ocean and see England, Chatsworth, Buckingham, and Big Ben from closer than an airplane window.   I want to see the Berlin wall and the Louvre in Paris.  Ireland and it's beauty.  The music houses of Viennam the Parthenon in Rome, to glide the streets of Venice in a gondola. To walk the streets of Jerusalem and see the Sydney Opera House.  I want to take a buggy across Prince Edward Island and see the beauty of Canada.  I want to see how the rest of the world lives, to see the universe God created.  Hey, I'd even go to the moon, I'd love to be gravity less!  But, since that's not exactly a possibilty I would settle for parachuting!  I suppose I shall just have to settle for a day and a half in Wisconsin Dells... maybe I can save money and take a bigger trip later.  I wonder, if I saved all my teaching money at $10 a lesson, how many lessons would I have to teach to actually make the trip worthwhile..... at least 300..... maybe I should settle down with a couple of history books....

7 comments:

Lady Dvora said...

I'll start saving my Chamber money!!!

Kristi said...

oh, that does sound like such a wonderful dream...

Pam H. said...

The people I know of, here, who teach music lessons charge $50 for a 1-1/2 to 2-hour lesson. Even though this is a very large city, and yours is probably small, I'm surprised you charge so little. Probably you can't raise the price much for existing customers, but if you advertise more, and ask at least $25, I should think you could get it. I would be surprised, if not.

Katie said...

Pam,

I teach 1/2 hour lessons for $10 a lessons. And yes I live in a small city. It's a small farm town and $10 is the running rate for lessons around here. Not to mention, I'm only a college student and I never finished my degree. Maybe in a couple years when I have more experience I will raise the price. But for now $20 an hour is enough, and it's better than minimum wage, so I'm happy.

Pam H. said...

Wish I could find someone who'd give me violin lessons for $10 each.... Been wanting to learn to play since I was 10 years old, but never thought I could afford it. Maybe someday....

Miss Deb said...

Could I come with you???

Katie said...

Of course Deb! I could never go travel the world without you!