Pages

Shadowlands Quotes

We were watching the end of Shadowlands tonight and C.S. Lewis, made three interesting comments.

Experience is a brutal teacher. But we learn.
How true is that!

We read to know we are not alone. Do you believe that???

Yes, I believe that. I know sometimes when I am lonely or want to be alone, but doing something. I will read. Let my imagine carry me somewhere (good mind you, not somewhere I shouldn't be). I like to end up in Vienna carrying my Guarnivari violin to rehearsal with Elysa. Do I always read that way? No, but sometimes I do. If gives my brain more information to take and imagine with. Imagining isn't always good, but sometimes it doesn't hurt.

Why do we love, if losing hurts so much??

This one, I don't really have an answer too. I mean, we love because God loved us. And he made us in His image and likeness. So we love because of God. Losing is a result of the fall, not something God intended for us. But we have to lose, but life is life and there is still a heaven and a hell. We still have to overcome this world and our own Adam natures. We love because God loves and because He instilled in us the desire for that Love. For the Philieo (sp?) love of God. Love like you will never find anywhere else...... So those are my thoughts... I hope it makes sense....

2 comments:

Sarah Dee said...

Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all...

:-/

Sarah Dee said...

the bible verse was imbedded into the ecard and it was a different translation... it said...

"A friendly disscussion is as stimulating as the sparks that fly when iron strikes iron." Prov 27:17 TLB