Pages

me wrist


So, I have a little run in with the fryer at work... and this is the result:
This actually looks much better. I was dropping chicken down and some oil jumped out and landed on my arm, yes oil jumps. It happens fairly often so I just wiped it off my arm and washed my wrist off. It didn't hurt at first, but then it started almost stinging. I put ice on it and tried walking around with my wrist stuck in ice water, but that didn't last long and I had to start putting stock away so I ditched that idea. But by now, my arm was red from the back of my palm to 3 inches up my arm. Stephanie rigged up an ice pack with empty hot dog bun bags, and I put stock away with it tied to my arm. We were very worried that it would blister, the oil is about 375 degrees. But thankfully the big spot had a flat blister that popped one day when I was getting dressed, I don't know why... So, that was last Wednesday. This picture is from, Saturday I think. Today it is starting to peel but looks a hundred percent better than it did a week ago.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

" I tried walking around with my wrist stuck in ice water, but..." Pardon a slight chuckle when you are in pain, but that sounds hilariously funny. :D

I do understand a little of what you are feeling 'cause oil jumps around here too. I hope it quit stinging.

Rebecca said...

Hehe... I remember one time a big heavy something fell on both of my arms right in the middle of lunch hour... I was working in the kitchen by myself and my arms were swelling below the elbow. I was balancing ice cubes on my arms while I worked! Quite the balancing act! You have to be an acrobat to work in fast food!

nenagrace said...

They say you have to be 16 to work the fryer and grill. But, from all the times I have burned myself at work, which are too meny to count, only one has been from the fryer and grill. The rest(and the worst!!)have be from the fry warmer.
Go figure!!!

Rebecca is right You do have to be an acrobat to work in fast food! It was only recently I realized I can flip the ketchup bottle around the back of my hand so I have the nozzle pointing the right direction. You never know what your capable of:-)

Serena said...

Ouch! As one who has burned herself many a time on steam, hot milk, and 200 degree water while working at a coffee shop, I sympathize! I'm glad it's getting better!

QueenOrual from S&S Board (who lurks about here)

Anonymous said...

OK, you have now given me a high respect for the people who dilligently make my food at Burger King while I complain "Man, they didn't put any pickle on". Maybe they were balancing ice cubes and forgot!
:D

Rebecca said...

LOL!!! Merrill, you are too much. Yes, you just NEVER know what is going on behind scenes!