Pages

2 of my recent projects

I finally finished Sarah Beth's regency dress. So, my "kids" both wore their Katie-made clothes on Sunday. And the weather was really nice so we got some great pictures!!
I made Sarah's dress using Mrs. Chancey's Regency Dress and Pinafores patterns. Aren't they just darling! I can't wait to make more :)

Luke's pants and vest were made using this this Burda suit pattern. I was making him a suit coat as well, but, the sleeves managed to disapear. We've searched the whole house and they are no where to be found. I didn't have a stitch of fabric left, so all he gets for now is pants and vest. I have material for one more vest, which I will get around to sooner or later.



So, those are my recent children's projects. I'm hoping to finally finish the quilt I've been working on forever... I'll post pictures when I do!
For now, I'm off to the concerto competition *gulp!!*

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

they are too sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Katie! Where do you come up with all these patterns? I'd sure like to make (or hire you to do it for me:-) a couple of different dresses I've seen - one of Marty's from Love Comes Softly, and one of Molly Gibson's, the jumper with the square-collared blouse. I'm not sure how serious I am about all of this, but it would be a fun project sometime!
Kristi

Katie said...

Kristi,

I would be more than happy to make you some dresses. Just let me know what you want.

Katie

Anonymous said...

Wow Katie! You are such a wonderful seamstress. Luke looks dashing, and SB is so cute in her little pinafore :D
Bravo!

BTW, I pulled out a sort of Jamaican wrap-around bright blue with fishes skirt out of my sister's closet a few days ago, and really wanted one myself. I know you've made such a thing before so--Is there any 'official' pattern? . Or do you just measure yourself and kind of know what to do?? I really don't sew much, so I was hoping to hire my sister to make one for me...What say you?
Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'll have to see what David says but hopefully if he doesn't mind, I'll put in my order! :-)
Thanks, Katie!
Kristi

Anonymous said...

I told David about your offer and he said, "Great! Let's take her up on it!"
Um, as for what exactly I'd like... I'll send you an email!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. well there you have it. I couldn't figure out what I did there. Apparently I submitted my comment before I finished my name...

Anonymous said...

oh forget it