Pages

Hitting Home

Last Friday a Marine Sergeant came into DQ. This is not an unusual thing, the same sergeant comes in about once a month. Dad let them put up a little recruiting information display up in the lobby and they come in once a month to check and stock it. Well, this particular sergeant has been coming in for probably a year. He always comes in in is dress uniform. Perfectly pressed and clean. He likes to get lunch and talk to dad. Well, he came in the other day, to check the display and tell Dad that he was being deployed and some one else will be taking over his duties. He said he'd be in to see us one more time before he left. He didn't know where he was going yet, or when he could be back. It really struck me, I guess I'd kinda forgotten about the war.... not a smart thing to do I know... but I had. So, it struck home, close to home, I don't even know the sergeant's name. But I know his face. I'll be praying for him.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

I forget about the war too... I'll try to remember to pray for him too.