Pages

Amazing Grace

Last weekend, Susie and I were in Indiana for a wedding. This particular area of Indiana has a large Amish/Mennonite population. We went to a large Amish Restaurant/Gift Shop/Furniture Store/Quilt Shop/etc. It was definitely worth the stop. We were walking up the steps to the 2nd floor when I saw this hanging on the wall. It stopped me in my tracks, it might possibly be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! 46x34, carved wood, beautifully finished. If I had $640 (which happens to be a good price) I would have brought it home with me. As it happens I found on online from the maker for only $165 with free shipping. Granted this one is only 17x14. But, it's definitely more affordable *sigh* it's beautiful!! Let me put it this way, I was speechless :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's beautiful! At first I thought it was just a paper copy that had been framed, and I couldn't figure out why the THOUGHT of bringing it home for $650 had entered your head...and then I re-read it and figured out it was wood carved! Awesome!