Pages

I made a most startling discovery...

I'm turning into an old maid. And I'm only 23 years old. Now, before you start into the whole, "don't worry you'll still get married" talk let me save you the trouble. I don't mean and old maid as in relationship wise. I was referring to attitude and the way I live my life. I realized this morning that I do the same things every day. I get up at the same time, I wear my hair the same way. I even wear the same clothes. (o.k. I have a uniform, but even after I come home from work I put on the same type of clothes that I always wear.) I eat dinner, watch a movie and go to bed. Then get up the next morning and do the same. Of course there are the ritual Tuesday night camp meetings, Thursday night Bible Study, Sunday morning meeting and the scheduled out violin lessons. I am a clothes horse. I have no social life, the only people I come in contact with, besides customers are co-workers and my family. I don't even talk on the phone to the few friends I actually do have. I'm a hermit. I live a very scheduled out, precise life. And I'm content. I mean, I decided quite a while ago that I needed to be content with the place and position God had placed me in. But I wonder... can you become overly content? Too content in the place you are and the life you lead? What about God?? Did I make myself into an old maid???

I think this is going to turn into an IDD blog post.....

2 comments:

Nicky Story said...

Wow Kate!! I feel your pain. But I really think something big is coming - a change for us all??? God has not forgotten us - no matter how boring the routine may seem.
I just pray that my routine never kicks God out of doing something miraculous in the day to day!
Love ya!

Pam H. said...

Even married people with young children do the same things every day - if we can get away with it. There is comfort there.