Pages

15 things to keep in mind when going through the Drive-Thru

  1. You don't need to specify that your order is 'To-Go'. We don't usually hand food out the window on a tray.

  2. Just because I work at a fast-food restaurant doesn't mean I am stupid.

  3. Don't shout it distorts your voice.

  4. We don't repeat your order to hear ourselves talk, we honestly want to make sure we have it correct. Please listen, if you pull up to the window and complain when your food is wrong, it's not our fault, you're the one who didn't correct the mistake when we repeated the order.

  5. Please order by size, it helps a LOT!!

  6. Hollering "hello" the second you pull up to the menu board is just plain rude.

  7. Please roll your window down. I can't hear through glass.

  8. Driving through DT in reverse because the driver is too lazy to order is just plain confusing.

  9. Please have the person sitting in the drivers seat order, it's very difficult to hear anyone else.

  10. Please don't talk on your cell phone, I can't see you and it's hard to know if you are talking to me or not.

  11. Please don't let all your frustration out on the DT person, chances are you're not the only one who's having a bad day. Some days every other person through the DT is having a bad day and they let it all out on the DT person. It gets really discouraging! Especially when you are doing your job right.

  12. If you order a Medium Pepsi. That means you want a Pepsi to drink. It doesn't mean Root Beer or Mountain Dew, or any other beverage.

  13. I am not a computer therefore I do not function like one. I promise.

  14. Please don't pull ahead while I am still talking to you. You wouldn't walk away if we were talking face to face, would you?

  15. Just FYI, I'm not fluent in Daffy Duck Language.

7 comments:

Mac said...

Oh the joys of fast food!!!!!! *sigh*

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I offically feel very sorry for you.

About the last one... Katie I'm surprised!!

Kristi said...

I take it the Daffy Duck thing is on the list from a personal experience?

The Pepsi thing reminds me of when Jenny went to Texas once and came back telling me that every soft drink in the state was called "Coke" or "soda", and if you ordered a medium Coke, you would be asked what kind of Coke you wanted - from Sprite to Mountain Dew! We just called it "pop" in NE. :-)

Katie said...

Yes, the Daffy Duck one is from personal experience.

Kristi,
We call it pop too... But we get people through from the south and it's confusing when they don't actually mean Pepsi when they say Pepsi.

Katie said...

Actually, all of these are from personal experience.

Shannon said...

Katie, #12 SOOO reminded me of being at McD's in Dallas when I was a Sr. in high school. I had to repeat my order about 3 times before the girl caught each of the 3 items I was ordering, and then, when I said I wanted a med. Sprite, she kept saying med Coke... it was very frustrating...until I learned that no matter WHAT soda you order, to them, it's all Coke...(and yes, I did get a Sprite in the end, but not before I truly thought the girl was mentally retarded). Not that I'd EVER think that about you.

And, I guess this little anecdote is sorta in the reverse, since you were writing from the perspective of the order taker... and I am writing from the view of the order giver...

oh, whatever. :) I'm sure you'll understand me!

Pam H. said...

I've worked in fast food too - it's a hard, hard job. But sometimes we don't want the driver ordering, because he can't get it right!!! Also, about 2/3 of the time, we can't hear the person taking our order, either. I hate those order boxes, even though I understand the reason for them. *sigh*