Pages

The Mountain and the Valley

We have all experienced times of exaltation on the mountain, when we have seen things from God's perspective and have wanted to stay there.  But God will never allow us to stay there.  The true test of our spiritual life is in exhibiting the power to descend from the mountain.


The height of the mountaintop is measured by the dismal drudgery of the valley, but it is in the valley that we have to live for the glory of God.  It is in the place of humiliation that we find our true worth to God - that is where our faithfulness is revealed.

~Oswald Chambers

2 comments:

Kristi said...

That's a good quote! I remember reading that when I was working at the barbershop. I would read My Utmost for His Highest every day when business was slow, and I recall underlining sections of that. Thanks for posting!

Pam H. said...

So very true....