Pages

Music of the Heart

I've been on a mad sewing frenzy the last few weeks. I was making a romantic dress for myself and I ran into quite a few problems *pulls hair out* Luckily I finally finished at 11:30 last night. I will post pictures when I get them uploaded later..
Anyway I turned the Hallmark channel on Thursday night to see if there was anything to watch while I worked. Music of the Heart was on. We saw it years ago. It's a true story about a woman who started a violin class in East Harlem. It's an amazing story. Well, being a musician I really like it. My favorite part of all is in the very end when they play in Carnegie Hall with Issac Stern, Itzak Perlman, Joshua Bell, Arnold Steinhart, Mark O'Connor, and more. I loved it! Something I can totally relate to. And Carnegie Hall, *sigh* I've always wanted to play, go to even, in Carnegie. The place where all the great musicians have played. Where you can stand on the stage and still hear the music. I mean yes of course there is probably not good spiritual stuff there. I'd just be cool to stand where so many great people have stood. To stand where Isaac stood played many times... Anyway, good movie, there is a part or two that are un-necessaries. But otherwise.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a good movie... I can't remember ever seeing it before. Carnegie Hall WOULD be awesome!

Anonymous said...

KATIE!!!!
I just had to tell you as soon as I got back from lessons! I'm learning third position!!! ME! MERRILL JANE WOOD! MARGARET DASHWOOD! I'm really really happy about it. It is a little bit harder than I expected but that just makes it more fun. I am SO excited!
-Merrill
p.s. I would be happy to hear any tips you have...:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.