Pages

The Sewing Craze

Rebecca, Susie, and I found this beautiful green fabric in a dollar a yard bin. We all loved it, the result, we bought the whole bolt of material. Rebecca made her dress and Susie's. I made mine.



I used Mrs. Chancey's Romantic Dress Pattern I've used the pattern before, but this dress was quite a challenge. I ended up making 2 bodices since the neckline on the first one was goofy and the shoulder seams we weird and uncomfortable. I don't know what I did different to the 2nd, but as you can see, it worked. :)




Yes, I'm the goof ball of the family, in case you couldn't tell. There are more pictures at Rebecca's Blog

Check back next week for pictures of the suit I am making Luke, he'll be so cute!!

3 comments:

Erica said...

As usual, you all look beautiful! I love that fabric, and each one of your dresses are so pretty.

What fun!

--Erica

Oh, and I like your new background.

Katie said...

(This is Lydia, I can't get onto my account)


We do have a good-looking backyard, I guess... They did do a good job, the green fabric is pretty, I asked Becca if we could make my 40's dress from the same fabric, but she said "Only people in the special green dress club can have dresses out of that fabric." Don't ask me why I'm not in the club or how to get in...I'll have to work on that.
Cheerio,
Lydia

Rebecca said...

Lydia, honey I dont' think there's enough of that fabric left...