Pages

Cross Country

Saturday was Joe's first Cross Country meet. It was totally awesome!!! I really enjoyed myself. If I was still in HS I would definitely join. I can so see myself getting into it. Oh wait, I'm already into it!! I am planning on attending ALL of Joe's meets :)

Just FYI:
- The JV boys placed 4th in the team standings. Not bad for a first meet.
- Our top 5 JV boys were 3rd, 12th, 32nd, 35th, 36th. (out of 72 racers)
- The rest of the groups we didn't have enough members to constitute a team (5 or more team members), they all placed around the middle. I'll keep you updated as the season progresses...

Now, on to Joe (he is in 8th grade so he ran the Junior High race)..

Before the race.

Yes their colors are neon pink and black. I was very proud of the boys for wearing it. The coach wanted them to stick out, they did.... you could spot them in a running pack from access the school yard.


I call this one...

"Baby Suncreen". This is what you do when you foget the suncreen.



And they're off!!!!



Joe's in the pink shirt headed for the front of the group. Poor kid, the boys on both sides took off and he went with them. He didn't realize until too late that he was in 6th place and had started off too fast.
I don't know if you can see him in this picture, (click for larger image) he 's at the very front 3rd or 4th in from the left.




Then his side started hurting (we're working on it) so he fell quite a ways back. His teamates from JV were a great encouragement and he kept up his moral.

As you can see he was still smiling :)

The Home Stretch

After the race. he ended up finishing 32nd.







And just for the fun of it, here is a cute picture of Sarah with her new best friend.




7 comments:

Rebecca said...

aw, Joe was so good. So cute. shhh... I didn't say that...

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, The walls have ears, or shall i say i read blog posts... i can hear you


-Your "cute little" brother

Lady Dvora said...

^^He-He

Mac said...

He IS cute. We're jsut being honest!!!

Erica said...

haha! I'm laughing.

Yeah, I had to deal with the side-ache issue too...not fun at all. It took awhile, but I don't really have it much anymore, which is really, really nice. It can definitely slow you up!

Miss Alice said...

Is that Tom holding Sarah Beth? Nice to see him. We miss him.

Katie said...

Yes, that is Tom holding Sarah. He came with us to Joe's meet. Sarah decided he looked comfy and she almost fell asleep but there was too much noise, so she was playing with him instead.