Pages

Hello from New Jersey

Ahoy all!!!!!

As of around 9:00 P.M. ET today I am in New Jersey.

Washington D.C. was amazing!!!! We saw the
  • National Air and Space Museum (Smithsonian)
  • The National Archives (Totally awesome! we saw, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and one of the four copies of the Magna Charta, it was almost 800 years old!) it you ever go to D.C. you have to go to the Archives.
  • All the monuments, (Washington, FDR, Jefferson, WW2 (twas beautiful!), the Lincoln Memorial was amazing!!! our best president ever!!! I didn't want to leave!)
  • The Capitol
  • The White House
  • Ford's Theater
  • Arlington National Cemetery and the changing of the guard at the top of the Unknown Solider.
  • ummm and a bunch of other stuff but I am tired and can't think of anymore right now.
We wanted to go to the National American History Museum but it's closed until 2008 for major renovations :( thankfully they had moved 150 of their most popular artifacts to a special display at the Air and Space Museum. So well... I'll tell later when I can actually post a picture but I saw the most beautiful thing!!!!!

So I had lots of fun, but I am definitely tired :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I saw almost the same exact things when I was in D.C.,, except I DID go to the American History museum, and not the other Smithsonian museum you mentioned... I can't remember which one you said. (I suffer from short-term memory-loss... at least I think I do) That place is SO amazing. The Archives were totally awesome, to see the declaration, and the magna charta! WOW!

~VB

Incomplete said...

Fiddla,
I saw this documentary on the changing of the guards once, it was totally awesome. It was about how the soldiers where selected and then the training that they went through before the were chosed to serve there. How fi they only spent eight hours shining their shoes it probly wasn't going to be enough. Those guys are the pinicle of military training. I am totally jelous of you.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tyson I think we saw the exact same documantary!!