Pages

A weekend with friends

I very blessed to be able to spend this last weekend with friends. Rebecca and I drove down to David and Kristi's on Friday night to spend the weekend with them. You see Joanna, my friend of mine from Colorado, whom I haven't seen in 10 years, is in Chicago the month of August. So I called D&K to see if they wouldn't mind some company and if we could go into Chicago and meet up with Joanna. They said sure and we made a weekend out of it! We went into Chicago on Saturday, picked up Joanna and headed around town. Rebecca and I managed to not get any pictures but Kristi posted some on her blog. We walked all over Chicago, probably 6 miles in all. We saw everything from the beach, to Union Station, to a huge aluminium, steel, whatever it was bean. (We didn't take this picture. I found it online)


We got to go to the World's Largest Free Air and Water Show. We saw an F-22, a Stealth Bomber, the Army Paratroopers, and the Thunderbirds among many other things. I quite enjoyed it. I had no idea that planes could be so entertaining!

It rained on and off all day. My favorite part was when we took Joanna back to Union Station and had to run a couple blocks in the pouring rain. Needless to say, we were soaking wet, but Joshua and I were enjoying ourselves.

After dropping Joanna off we went out to eat at a Greek restaurant in Greektown, Chicago. It was called Artropolis. It not only gave us a chance to dry off but the food was wonderful! Thanks Dave!!!!

This is the only picture Rebecca and I took the whole weekend. 2 wet, and happy friends!


All in all I had a wonderful time. Thank God for friends.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

yep, it was tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed it! Did I ever send you that picture of you, Rebecca and Joanna? I have it on my computer...

Katie said...

Kristi,

You didn't send the picture to me. Did you send it to Rebecca?