Pages

rain, rain, rain



Well... for the last 5 days or we have had torrential rain every night. Thankfully, unlike a lot of towns in our part of the country, we haven't been flooded out.

But, when I went into work this morning. We had 2 inches of water in our basement office! So. I spent most of the morning squeegeeing water towards the drain. Apparently the back flow valve on the sump-pump was broken. So, I was also trying to empty out the sump-pump one 5 gallon bucket full up the stairs at a time. 2 buckets just got to heavy after a while. Thankfully, our plummer came quickly and fixed the sump-pump. So I only had to do cleanup. Rain is fun, and good for the ground and crops and all. But I've had enough for now. And I'm sure the rest of the mid-west would agree. I'm just very thankful that God has protected us from this.


4 comments:

Rebecca said...

that kind of flooding is only an hour north of us... we're very blessed.

Anonymous said...

same for us... not far from all the storms and flooding in Chicago suburbs. I'm very thankful.

Anonymous said...

oh mylanta! You've been getting rain too? It hasn't been flooding, but we've gotten nine inches of rain this month....that's almost a THIRD of what we usually get in a whole year.

DaveWick said...

It's not that our area has been immune to the flooding. We've gotten 17 inches so far this month. And that was as of 3 days ago. Yes, we did miss the severe storms from Thursday - thankfully - as we already had plenty of water here.