Pages

Apparently I need to get married

A few weeks ago while I was teaching one of my students asked me
"How old are you?"
"Almost 23. Am I old?"
"No....................................Are you married?"
"No."
"You should get married."
"Why?"
"Just cause, you should."
"Oh, but what if I got married and had to move far away and could be your violin teacher anymore."
"You don't have to."
"I don't have to what?"
"Move. You can get married and still live here."
"Here as in Platteville."
"No, you can get married and still live at home."

Well, he is only 8, I think... anyway he doesn't quite understand. But then again, it was sweet of him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for speaking his mind out! Wow...this really made me laugh.

p.s. Anybody who threatens to cut a desk in half with a chainsaw is DEFINITELY not old! You did get that huge desk out of your house right??

Rebecca said...

well, then GET MARRIED for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erica said...

Becca, you're a hoot.

Katie said...

Do you think that if it was up to me I would still be single!

Kristi said...

How funny!
Well, just start fixing your eyes on Jesus. I have a poem I was going to post on my blog... I guess I should go and do that. It really encouraged me in my single years.

Miss Deb said...

Yeah C'mon Katie, git 'er done!

*chuckles*

That was so cute :) I love kids :)