Pages

Latest Project

So, I've been very busy the last few weeks. Moving, working, school, and before all that I made this:


The homeschool group had a Civil War Day and I promised Joe a uniform. I didn't think that it would take me so long to finish it!! As it was his pants were safety pinned shut and his pants weren't hemmed, but oh well... I'd just have to let them out and re-hem in a few months.... I wasn't able to go to Civil War Day, I had to work. But it sounds like everyone had fun, here are a few more pictures, just for the fun of it.

Susie sewed yellow twill tape on the side of Luke's pants so he would have "army" pants.

I made this dress for Sarah earlier this year. It's from Mrs. Chancey's Girl's Regency Dress Pattern. I love the expression on her face in these pictures.







3 comments:

Rebecca said...

great job!! i love both of them!

Miss Alice said...

What a precious little girl! What a handsome Civil War gent! I'm hoping the blue of his uniform doesn't mean no sympathy for the south.

Katie said...

Joe wanted to be Stonewall Jackson. But we couldn't find any gray We couldn't find anything that looked nice or that there was enough material. So we/he decided to be Colonel Lawrence Chamberlain instead. The hero of Gettysburg.