Pages

Houston, we have take off




I happened to end up in the lobby this morning just after the Space Shuttle Discovery took off from Kennedy Space Center in Florida. They had a camera on the External Tank (the orange thing). I could see the earth from forever up. In 7 minute they were up to 10000 MPH and were using fueling at the rate of emptying a normal swimming pool in 25 seconds. Then they showed when the shuttle detached from the external tank. Well... needless to say it was totally AWESOME!!! I want to be an astronaut!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

DaveWick said...

You go girl! Let us know when your first flight is so we can go down to FL and watch the liftoff.

Anonymous said...

I don't! o_0

~VB

Miss Alice said...

Your comment about liking my blog was so sweet, Katie. Although I mostly lurk, I really enjoy seeing what everyone's thinking about...blogs are fun!

Lord bless you!

Anonymous said...

Amen! I had a science book on Astronomy once...I could hardly put it down! It was so awesome. And I usually detest science...especially botany...Wow, but that astronomy was great!